Put those Snacks Down! Drink more Beers if you Need Vitamins... - Beerview #018 with @lucylovescraft

Our new guest on Beerview interview series is Lucy from Russia with her nice Instagram account @lucylovescraft which she started as a reaction to "boring beer geek accounts". Her first choice of beer to Mars would be vodka until she realizes it is not a beer. You might not be surprised to hear that from a Russian but you would find many surprising and fun answers in the interview, and photos on her unique account.

·        Can you tell a bit about yourself?
My name is Lucy, I’m 26 y.o., I was born in a little district of Moscow called Zelenograd.

·        How and when your interest in beers started?
I’ve always loved beer, since 18 (kidding, since 15-16) y.o. in any company (not at work, of course). I preferred beer to any different drinks, sometimes I like to drink a little glass of white wine (kidding, again, a couple of couple glasses of wine), but the beer is really my drink. Before 2014 I’ve never heard about craft beer.

·        Why did you decide to start your account about beers?
1st reason - is my love of beer. 2nd - I’ve seen a lot of boring beer geeks accounts; (you know, a bottle and a glass with beer) so I’ve decided that I can do something completely different, something stylish, and fashionable to attract people to craft beer culture.

·        How many different beers you tried so far? Any guess?
It’s difficult to say, if I had an Untappd account it would be easier. Maybe about 200 types of beer.

https://www.instagram.com/lucylovescraft/

·        Which country’s beers you like more and why?
I think the German beers have the most balanced taste, like Lemke brewery beers. And Russian beer, of course, because most often I drink exactly Russian beer and I have the most complete idea about it (like NewRiga’s brewery, Saldens, Jaws, AF Brew and many many others).

·        Do you remember your first beer? What was your reaction?
I don’t remember my first beer, but I remember the first craft beer that blew my mind - it was DIPA Fibonacci from Bakunin brewery. The woody and fruits flavor, very bitter, I couldn’t even think that beer can be soooo delicious! 
About the most first beer - it was something like Baltika 7 (it’s Russian lager, I was about 15 y.o.), I drank it because all my elder friends were drinking, but honestly, I did not like it at all.

·        What is your opinion about craft beers? Which is your favorite?
I think that craft beer is the younger brother of ordinary beer. but more intelligent, advanced, a bit eccentric, not as conservative as the elder brother. But the elder brother will remain the elder forever, and I think his authority will always prevail.
Maybe my choice may seem boring; but to date, it’s Elvis Juice by Brewdog.

·        Which 3 beers would you take with you to Mars?
Hmmmm... if I’ll be alone on Mars I would take vodka; but if it’s not, it would be:

1) Kometa (New Riga’s Brewery)
Feedram

2) Elvis Juice (Brewdog)
8 Degrees Cumulus Lupulus

3) Paulaner Hefe-Weissbier
Paulaner
...and a book “How to survive in an airless space at a temperature of minus 63 degrees”


·        What would you recommend to people who started interest in beers?
First of all, please, do not drink beer with snacks; because of this, beer has a bad reputation that the belly grows because of beer, but it grows exactly because of snacks. Secondly, don’t stop on one type of beer! Try them all, and you’ll find your own favorite type! For example, my last experiment was trying an eisbock, and I was very surprised by its sweetness and density!

·        Would you stop drinking beers if your doctor told to give up?
Hope, this will never happen; but if it does, I’ll stop and l will cry the rest of my life.

·        Fruit beers are getting popular, what do you think about them?
I do love fruit beers, and I guess it’s getting popular because it’s so unusual for beer taste; nevertheless it’s very suitable for beer. And I’m just in love with melon flavor beer!

·        Anything else you would like to add? 
In beer there are not enough vitamins, therefore it is necessary to drink it more!

Before you rush to take more vitamins, you can see some more photos below from her account:



Comments

Popular Posts