Stop Drinking Beers if Doctor Said so? I Live to Break The Rules! - Beerview #016 with @whitegirlbrewskis

Our new guest on Beerview interview series is @whitegirlbrewskis from Toronto, Canada. She is the only one who has tried to take 4 beers to Mars so far because she says she lives to break the rules! If you want to follow her while she is breaking the rules, you can find her account here and you can read her nice answers below.

·        Can you tell us a bit about yourself?
I’m a University of Toronto student that is also working in the marketing field. I dance, work out, bake, watch history documentaries, and hang out with my sorority sisters on my free time. I promise I’m much more fun than I’m making myself seem to be LOL.

·        How and when has your interest in beer began?

I know a lot of people will hate me for this but for probably two years of my life I drank STRICTLY Pabst Blue Ribbon Strong Beer, which will always have a special place in my heart, like a first crush of sorts. The first beer that I thoroughly enjoyed was Mill St. Organic 100th Meridian, but then I had Flying Monkeys’ Hoptical Illusion and really fell in love with beer and how innovative it can be. I also went through/still going through a Guinness phase, but I think that goes for anyone really.

·        Why did you decide to start your account about beers?
I was at a bar with my friends one night when I asked my friend Amanda (@Amandafsoares) if she thought it was dumb for me to start a beer blog. When she drunkenly said that she didn’t think it was dumb, I created my account and began posting!

·        How many different beers you tried so far? Any guess?
Considering the fact that I loooove trying new beers and never really stick to a regular fave, as well as the fact that I lean towards flights, but also considering the fact that I drink at the Maddy pretty often (out of convenience) and they only have a certain limited selection, as well as the fact that I am relatively young, I would say around 400? It should definitely be noted that I pulled that number out of nowhere though.

I live to break the rules! - https://www.instagram.com/p/BeCDuzdjomD
·        Which country’s beer do you enjoy more and why?
I don’t think that I have tried enough beers in my life to have a solid grasp and understanding of each country’s beer output and to answer this question in an educated fashion, but I do think that every country, and even regions within those countries, have some phenomenal beers and others that taste like piss water.

·        Do you remember your first beer? What was your reaction?
I do not remember my first beer ever but I know that it was Israeli and very likely to have been a Goldstar. I do not recall my specific reaction but know that I was not a big fan at all or else I would have started this blog years ago.

·        What is your opinion about craft beers? Which is your favorite?
I love craft beer and love how innovative it can be. I am a huge history buff and am always intrigued to learn about each brewery’s history and roots, which adds to my overall beer experience. I feel like every brewery has positives and negatives about it and all have amazing beers, but it is the people and the vibe that take it to the next level, which is why I’m really feeling Northern Maverick @NorthernMaverickBrewing as well as Cool Beer @CoolBeerBrewery and Brown Van Brewing @BrownVanBrewing lately - just generally amazing people.

·        Which 3 beers would you take with you to Mars?

I do not think that I will survive in Mars without:

1) Delirium Tremens @DeliriumAmsterdam
Bel-Boy Express

2) Old Tomorrow’s Monty’s Aged Rye Ale @OldTomorrowBeer


365 Days of the Beer

3) Innis & Gunn’s Barrel Aged Scotch Ale @InnisandGunnUK


365 Brew

4) and Kronenbourg Blanc @1664Canada (I know that’s four but what can I say, I live to break the rules)


The Beer Store

Probably still won’t survive in Mars if we're being honest.


·        What would you recommend to people who got into beer recently?
I would recommend to have your mind open and try ANYTHING, even if it sounds whack. I recently had @BangersBrewery ’s El Heffe, which is brewed with habanero, jalapeño, and Serrano peppers. I am typically too white to enjoy any spice, but this is by far one of my favourite beers of all time.

·        Would you stop drinking beers if your doctor told to give up? (Question asked by @beer_mania_world)

To be completely honest, I have lots of medical issues, resulting in my doctor pretty much telling me to give beer up. Do I still drink beer? Yes.

·        Anything else you would like to add? 
I would just like to add one last thing: Beer should be fun. Enjoy whatever you enjoy whether it is owned by a huge corporation or a local brewery. At the end of the day, it is about your own opinion; what you like and what you dislike. Nobody can change that or tell you what is right or wrong to like. Our personal opinions are what make us unique so never conform!

If you decide to follow her beer adventure, you will see more photos like these on her account:





Comments