Craft Beer Love is a Great Thing! - Beerview #009 with @beersandbedtime


Our new guest @beersandbedtime is from Seattle area in the USA and she is a mom of two who loves homebrewing and craft beers. She didn't care about the type of the beer when she started her beer adventure underage but these days she is loving the journey of beer experience with the knowledge she gathers every day. You can follow her beer adventure on Instagram and learn more about her with the answers below!
·        Can you tell a bit about yourself? 

I’m a mom of 2 in the PNW. Love camping and hiking and the rest of my life revolves around craft beer. I love homebrewing and trying different local and international beers. 

·        How and when your interest in beers started? 

At 21, I realized that not all beer tasted like Bud and Miller. I was finally exposed to craft beer and realized that I liked it. Ambers were my “gateway” beer. Slightly sweet and malty. Made it an easy starting point to enjoy Beer. 

·        Why did you decide to start your account about beers?

I don’t have many “beer friends” in my life. I was posting a fair amount of Beer pictures and decided that I’d make a dedicated account for Beer so I could spare my friends and family from all the Beer posts. 

·        How many different beers you tried so far? Any guess?

Tough question.... 600-700 ballpark? 



·        Which country’s beers you like more and why?

I absolutely love what the US is doing with craft beer. It’s creative and innovative. We’re creating new styles and they’re evolving. It’s an exciting time to be part of the craft beer community. 

·        Do you remember your first beer? What was your reaction?

Pretty sure my first beer was either Mickeys or Old English... Absolutely disgusting. But you don’t get to be picky when you’re consuming underage! 

·        What is your opinion about craft beers? Which is your favorite? 

Well I’m definitely craft beer obsessed. It’s absolutely a passion for me. A beautiful beer is a work of art. IPA’s and NEIPA’s are by far my favorite styles. It’s all about the hops and extracting the flavors and nuances from them. It’s a beautiful balance. I get ridiculously excited about a good IPA. 

·        Which 3 beers would you take with you to Mars?

Ask me this question in a couple months and my answers will probably change but for now: 

1) Russian River- Pliny


insuranceguybeerblog.blogspot.com
2) Modern Times collab with Great Notions- Fortunate Sun


beerguypdx.blogspot.com/
3) Fremont- Dark Star Coffee edition 


beerchatter.com
Pretty much covers the bases ✔️

·        What would you recommend to people who started interest in beers? 

Really, just to enjoy it. Be open to trying lots of styles even though you won’t like them all. Any level of craft beer Love is a great thing. 

·        Anything else you would like to add?

Ever since I started homebrewing and my Instagram account my passion and knowledge of Beer has really taken off. It’s been life changing really and I’m loving the journey. The craft beer community has been such a great and supportive group. Beer people really are great people. Looking forward to much more craft beer experiences. 

We are grateful to @beersandbedtime for this interview and we hope you will not miss this chance to follow her account for the photos like below:






Comments