Brewdog Changes Everything - Beerview #011 with @thecraftycasual


Our new guest for Beerview interview series is @thecraftycasual from UK and his interest in beers turned into a new level after trying Brewdog beers. He combines his interest in beers and trainers together in his account. You can read his nice answers below to learn more about him.
·      Can you tell a bit about yourself?

I’m The Crafty Casual, a lover of craft beer and casual clothing with a soft spot for nice trainers.

·        How and when your interest in beers started?

My interest for craft beer has been fairly recent within the last couple of years. It come mainly from the recommendation of Brewdog by friends. Since then I’ve expanded on from what I’ve heard about and seen online and tried many different styles of beer from different breweries.

·        Why did you decide to start your account about beers?

I first started my account mainly for discovering new clothing and trainers. I then came across many people with beer specific pages. I started to include this on my page as I thought it was a fantastic idea and I really love the visual element that Instagram brings.

·        How many different beers you tried so far? Any guess?

At a guess I would probably say around 200 beers. More recently I’ve tried to keep a better track through the app Untappd.




·        Which country’s beers you like more and why?

I am a massive fan of the beers we have in the UK. Quality stuff coming from giants like Brewdog, Cloudwater and Northern Monk. There is also some great breweries local to me like Unity and Vibrant Forest. This being said I do really need to try more from other countries specifically American beers.

·        Do you remember your first beer? What was your reaction?

I can’t remember from the top of my head but it was probably something cheap and nasty at the ripe young age of 15!

·        What is your opinion about craft beers? Which is your favorite?

I think craft beers are great, offering an alternative to the mainstream lagers it comes with a real quality and craftsmanship from people with a passion for great beers.

I also love the artwork that comes on the cans and bottles, from stunning photography to wacky designs I think it brings an element of fun and almost makes me want to keep them!

My favourite has to be Cloudwater me DIPA 13.

·        Which 3 beers would you take with you to Mars?

1. Lervig - Tasty Juice (To keep refreshed)


southcoastbeers.com
2. Beavertown - Smog Rocket (For the darker days)


craftbeermanblog.wordpress.com
3. Brewdog - Punk IPA (The one where it all started)


crowdfundinsider.com
·        What would you recommend to people who started interest in beers?

For newcomers I’d recommend trying as many different styles as you can, you might find something incredible that you wouldn’t of had otherwise. I also believe in supporting local produce so trying some of the local breweries might be a good idea. I’ve found some great beers by doing this!

·        Anything else you would like to add? 

Thanks for having me on and if you’re reading this be sure to hit me up and let me know what you thought. Cheers!

You can follow him and tell him your thoughts about the interview and his beer photos:







Comments